Saturday 12 September 2015

Love and all that Jazz

He sat comfortably on his sofa, settling in on a channel after aimlessly surfing channels for almost 15 mins.  He removed a cigarette and started roasting it, to mix it with some top quality hashish someone had got him from Malana. He started rolling it meticulously, licking it to make a perfectly rolled joint.

He drifted towards an altered state of mind just after inhaling few drags of the sweet smelling stuff. Couple of drags more and he started floating away from reality; slowly entering a world that seemed so beautiful to him.

There he was, on a pending long drive, away from that chaotic city that they lived in. Both of them wanted to run away from the madness that surrounded them and live in their own little sane world.

"I've been wanting to go on such a trip since some time. It couldn't have come on a better day", Samara said.

"I know. I wanted to spend as much time I could with you. I wanted to make your birthday as special as I could"

"You being with me is more than enough for me, Zahir. You've always stuck around when I needed someone. You've always made me feel so special"

"Samara, please don't go all formal on me. We're way past that phase. You should know you mean the world to me and I'd do anything to bring a smile on that pretty face."

"Okay, okay. You know the feeling is very mutual, baby. And stop looking at me like that. Concentrate on the road!!"

Playing songs after songs, talking about random stuff and exchanging glances every now&then, they arrived their destination.

"Close your eyes"

"Why?"

"Just do it. Trust me, you won't regret it"

He lead her to this amazing setup up on a private beach. Something that you usually see in movies.

"You can open your eyes now"

"OH MY GOD!! This is so beautiful, Zahir. You remember each and everything I told you about my dream date. The orchids, the music, those purple and white curtains around the set up, my favorite wine, the food that I love, those white balloons. Everything is in place! Everything is sooo perfect! Everything is so beautiful! Oh God! I LOVE YOU, MR. ZAHIR!!"

"It's not as beautiful as you are."

They settled in finally. Having some of that delicious food, a couple of glasses of wine already in their system.

"Baby, let's dance"

"You know na Samara how bad I am at dancing"

"Just come with me!"

Both of them swaying to the mellow tune. Their eyes engrossed in each other, completely clueless and indifferent to what was happening around them. He just looked at her, wondering how lucky he was to have such a pretty lady by his side. She just thanked her stars for finding someone as caring as him. They stopped, getting closer slowly, their lips teasing each other, until they finally became one, passionately.

Suddenly, a voice brought him back to reality.

"DADA, ye kavla maal ka kitna"

Trying to get back from his hazy eyes and mind, he said, "KYA?"

"Arre Dada, wo kavli maal ka daam pooch leraha hoon. Ekdum dhaasu maal utha ke laaye ho dada"

"Acha woh. Uska 2 peti hai. Aisa kavla sealed maal 2 peti mein kahi nahi milega."


From being the sweetest person anyone could ever come across to owning the biggest brothel in the country and being the leader in flesh trade. From someone who treated women with respect to someone who used their bodies to earn money. From someone who never touched a female without her consent to someone who would destroy them if they ever said no. All of that because Samara had left him for someone who earned more. Someone who owned a bigger house. Someone who impressed her with his flashy cars and huge bank balance. It's funny how things change so easily.

Love....and all that jazz it brings along.








2 comments: